Friday, September 17, 2010

State Fair and hysterical laughter

My friend, Maleen, suggested I put my Halloween cross-stich in the fair, because she was also entering a piece. Since I have been asking Troy for years to come to the fair with me, to no avail, I thought this might be a good way to convince him to come. Being the wonderful, supportive husband that he is, he agreed to visit the fair to see my cross-stich, despite his aversion to stinky farm animals.

So on Tuesday, Annalise and I drove to his work, picked him up, and we headed to downtown Salt Lake. The Utah fair is much smaller than the Minnesota fair, which in our situation was good, because I forgot to bring a stroller. Troy carried Annalise and we went to see the Home Arts section. My cross-stich placed third, which made me happy.

We went on to see the rest of the fair (except the stinky animals, of course). I think Troy's favorite section was the fine arts. There were some amazing paintings and graphic arts.

On our way home we stopped by Troy's work. As we were talking to one of his co-workers, Annalise started laughing hysterically. So far Annalise has only laughed a little, and only for me. Troy had never heard her laugh. Then all of the sudden, she is laughing out of control at nothing! Troy and I were laughing hysterically right along with her, because she was just so cute and it was so fun to see her laugh. Troy's co-worker was just staring at us wondering what was going on.
Needless to say it was a priceless moment.

1 comment:

  1. That picture is adorable. And yay for starting a blog. I know I see you all the time, but I still look forward to seeing your posts.

    ReplyDelete